Jaguar has finally announced pricing on the all new 2009 XF, which is the replacement for the X Type.
MSRP will start at $49,975. The new XF will offer 2 V8 engine choices. A naturally aspirated 4.2 V8 and a supercharged 4.2 V8. The later will have an MSRP of $62,975.
The styling is a drastic move for Jaguar. Following the lines of the XK coupe and roadster, yet has a look all its own.
Look for the 2009 XK in Jaguar showrooms starting in March 2008.
JAGUAR NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES U.S. PRICING FOR THE NEW 2009 XF SEDAN
LOS ANGELES, Calif., November 14, 2007 – Jaguar North America announced today at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show the U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for their newest model, the 2009 Jaguar XF.
"This is the New Jaguar" says Marti Eulberg, executive vice president Sales and Marketing, Jaguar North America, "The well-equipped 2009 XF sedan will go on sale March 1, 2008 at an MSRP under $50,000 with a standard V8 engine."
The XF will launch with the starting MSRP price of $49,975 (USD)
"The 2009 XF showcases Jaguar's leadership in automotive design, with stunning craftsmanship, quality and dynamic refinement, while offering exceptional standard equipment and exciting advanced technology," adds Eulberg. "This groundbreaking sedan is proof that Jaguar is moving boldly into the future with seductively-designed cars that are head-turning and of the highest quality."
The introduction of the XF signals a dramatic new design and engineering direction for Jaguar. Challenging convention and setting its own rules, the new Jaguar XF fuses the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a modern luxury sedan.
The 2009 XF will be priced starting at $49,975 MSRP for the V8 Luxury model. The V8 Premium Luxury XF will have a base MSRP of $55,975. A Supercharged XF with its 420 horsepower engine will retail for $62,975 MSRP. All prices include a $775 destination and delivery charge. Tax, title, and registration fees not included.
NEW JAGUAR XF KEY POINTS –
- Three trim levels will be offered in the U.S. market – Luxury, Premium Luxury and the 420hp Supercharged model.
- The XF is a four door Jaguar that combines the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a luxury sedan.
- Class-leading torsional stiffness delivers refinement and dynamic performance – underpinning the driver-focused yet remarkably comfortable driving experience.
- The XF will be available at launch in the U.S. with two different engines – 4.2-liter naturally-aspirated V8 and 4.2-liter supercharged V8 – all featuring Jaguar's proven six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddles as standard in the XK sports car.
- With its dramatic styling, powerful yet beautiful lines and a distinctive face, the XF is the first sedan to exemplify Jaguar's new design language.
- Using only the finest materials, which are applied in a very contemporary way, the XF's interior is crafted to create a truly warm and bespoke environment.
- Challenging convention, the XF offers sophisticated instrumentation and intuitive technologies. Upon entry, the start button pulses, like a heartbeat. Start the engine and the JaguarDrive SelectorTM rises into the palm of the hand, while rotating vents turn from their flush, 'parked' position to their functional open position.
- The coupe-like lines of the XF (which are similar to the XK's) belie the amount of space inside: there is room for five adults in comfort, generous interior stowage and a trunk capacity of 17.7 cu. ft., plus the opportunity to fold down the rear seats and add a further 14.8 cu. ft.
- Key driver aids on the XF include Electronic Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Anti-lock Braking System, Dynamic Stability Control, Cornering Brake Control and Engine Drag Torque Control. And, for the first time in a Jaguar, Understeer Control Logic which decelerates the car and helps to restore grip to the front wheels when required.
- Jaguar-exclusive Bowers & Wilkins 440-watt Surround Sound System is available on all three trim levels.
- The first cars will be delivered to U.S. customers in March 2008.